Midterm Presentation

wb
 
Two weeks ago was midterm presentation. This consisted of my peers and myself staying up for endless hours to produce work demonstrating our goals for the project. We were required to present ideas about how our project operates urbanistically demonstrating this through models, drawings, and renderings.  My presentation was received well and the focus of my design for the next few weeks will deal with the connection between my private housing and the more public ground plane (how can these two merge or create a third condition?)  I am excited for the development of my project because I think it has a lot of potential but still needs a lot of resolution and problem solving. Progress to come soon.


Read More…


Section 01

Section illustrating the seamless transition from the street to the interior of the project. The section is cut through the public social void of the housing clusters.



Section 02
Section through public plaza

01
Rendering of Public Plaza along Santa Monica
 
02
Rendering of Sunken Private Courtyard
 
04
Rendering from apartment view

05
Rendering from plaza 07
Rendering from Santa Monica / Vermont Intersection
diagram 01
Diagrams expressing program layout and urban strategies
 
Ground Level - crop

Plaza Groundfloor Plan

Cluster Axo
Unit Cluster Layout

2 comments:

John Delaney | April 3, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Buddy,

I admire your talent and dedication. Keep up the good work.

-JD

Aaron | April 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Wow, thank you John

Post a Comment