Emptying My Pockets

Montage03
I have wanted to start a blog for quite sometime but due to the rigorous nature of the degree I am pursuing I have continually failed at my attempts. I have been interested in a  means of getting things out of my head and show them to other people, In essence a way of emptying my pockets. Now after having settled into Los Angeles for a semester and getting into the swing of things I am ready to embark on the creation of a blog.
Los Angeles has been a difficult adjustment for me, it is the first time I have been alone and away from my family and apart from this I have rarely seen the city around me. For the past semester I have been a slave to the demands of architecture. Continually trapped within the confines of the University of Southern California’s Architecture Building, known as Watt Hall. Though Watt Hall has had me locked away from the greater Los Angeles region, it has led to the arrival of many new friends and mentors within my life.
At first I hated LA but over the past few weeks I have grown to have some affection for the city. Exploring the diverse culture, traveling the public transportation systems, and experiencing the local bar life over the winter break have shown me the part of Los Angeles that I love. Adventuring the city with several close friends I have begun to enjoy the city around me and no longer feel like an outsider. Yet this change of heart comes at an challenging time, I fear that I will no longer be able to explore the city throughout the day due to the arrival of the fall semester.
As mentioned before I am pursuing a masters degree in architecture from the University of Southern California. While I love architecture and working late into the night on my designs I inevitably know that my schoolwork will put a small damper on my explorations of LA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment